- A committee of Japanese Chamber of Trade and Industry Malaysia (JACTIM) Management Committee.
- Committee member of KL Japanese Association.
- A member of the Tokyo Bar Association.
2003 The University of Tokyo, Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.)
2006 Admitted to the bar
2007 Chuo University, Juris Doctor(J.D.), School of Law
Legal Intern at Cabinet Office, Social Policy Bureau
2008 Attorney at Law, Japan
Associate at Bingham McCutchen (Anderson Mori & Tomotsune )
2015 Duke University school of Law
Special Officer to CEO at Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ(Malaysia)
2016 Seconded also to JEFF LEONG, POON & WONG(Malaysia)
2017 Resigned Anderson Mori & Tomtsune
Founder/CEO, Likearisingsun Sdn Bhd
2020 Established a new office at Tokyo, Likearisingsun
– Engaged in numerous M&A cases as a bankruptcy trustee assigned by the Court and a rehabilitation debtor agent
– Represented one of the largest Japanese chemical manufacturers in M&A deal in bankrupt company
– Represented a Japanese semiconductor trading company in cross-border M&A deal by a US company
– Represented a listed car parts manufacturer in a cross-border antitrust case
– Represented a top Japanese medical related electronics company for crisis management case
– Represented one of the largest Japanese trading companies in the litigation of the Gulf of Mexico oil spill case
– Pro-bono works as official defense counsel, representative of refugee application case and legal aid consultant
– Weekly article regarding Covid-19 related issues (NNA, March 2020 – June 2020)
– Serial biweekly article regarding M&A in Malaysia (NNA, July 2018 – present)
– Serial biweekly article regarding legal topics in Malaysia (NNA, September 2016 – June 2018)
– Cross-border Business Revitalization – Case Studies and the Latest Legal Practice Overseas (Shoji-Houme, Co-author, 2015)
– Essential Points of Japan M&A Practice (Shoji-Houme, Co-author, 2015)
– Casebook of Trust Act for law practitioners (Yuhikaku, Co-author, 2014)
– Casebook of business revitalization for law practitioners (Yuhikaku, Co-author, 2014)
– Labor Practice Guide for Company-Dismissal and Retirement (Shoji-Houme, Co-author, 2014)
– Overview of Recent Chapter 15 Cases (Jigyosaisei to Saiken Kanri, Japanese translation, 2010)
– “Labor law related issues in Malaysia” (Bank of Mitsubishi UFJ, June 2016)
– “New Companies Act in Malaysia“ (Ichika-Kai Association, October 2016)
– “New Companies Act in Malaysia” (Bank of Mitsubishi UFJ, November 2016)
– “New Companies Act in Malaysia” (Bangi MD Association, November 2016)
– “New Companies Act in Malaysia” (JACTIM Perah branch, January 2017)
– “New Companies Act and M&A in Malaysia” (Nikin-Kai Association at Johor, April 2017)
– “New Companies Act and M&A in Malaysia” (Bank of Mitsubishi UFJ, May 2017)
– “Labor law related issues in Malaysia” (JAC Recruitment, May 2017)
– “Labor law related issues in Malaysia” (Sansui-Kai Association at Penang, July 2017)
– “M&A in Malaysia” (Ichika-Kai Association, March 2019)
– “Legal Basics for Startups and Entrepreneurs”（Sunway University workshop, December 2019）
– “M&A by Japanese companies in SEA” (CLSA Securities Japan Co., Ltd., February 2020)
– “Legal issues related to management of subsidiary in Malaysia” (JACTIM, March 2020)
– “Business launch support and cross border M&A in Malaysia” (Seminar for legal trainees in Japan, May 2020)
(Berjaya Sompo Seminar, May 2020）
– “M&A trend of Japanese companies in Malaysia” (LIKEARISINGSUN, June 2020)
– “M&A opportunity under Covid-19” (Aleevar Consulting, June 2020)
– “Special considerations for M&A in a pandemic world: the South East Asian perspective”
（Joint Webinar by Dentons Rodyk & Likearisingsun, July 2020）
- “Amendments to Bribery Regulations in Malaysia” (Seminar for Berjaya Sompo Insurance, October 2020)
- “The risk and way of prevention of having only one person able to carry out a specific role”
(Joint Webiner by Pasona and LIKEARISINGSUN, August 2021)
- “One Stop Service – From A Single PC to M&A”
(Joint Webiner by KDDI Malaysia and LIKEARISINGSUN, Septemeber 2021)
- “Legal issues arising in the operation of the local subsidiary“ (Ichika-Kai Association, July 2022)
- “New Employment Act in Malaysia” (JACTIM Industrial group, July 2022)””
– “Legal issues which arise in the operation of subsidiaries in Malaysia.”
(Joint Webinar by Pasona & Likearisingsun, Dec 2022)
Razif specializes in private equity and corporate finance. He holds a Bachelor of Science in Management Science from Purdue University, USA, and began his career in the corporate finance department of Investment Bank, working in M&A, IPOs, RTOs, and capital raising. He was in a private equity firm based in Singapore, where he was involved in research and carrying out investments into late stage tech unicorns. Prior to that, he held the position Chief Executive Officer for an education company in Kuantan, Malaysia. Since joining LIKEARISINGSUN in 2020, he has been involved in all stages of M&A deals, including sourcing potential deals, preparing various documents, conducting valuations, market research and business analysis, and leading the M&A team with deep and detailed analysis.
- “Whistleblower & s.17A Malaysian Anti Corruption Commission Act 2009” Seminar (May 2021)
- “Understanding of Contract Law” Webinar (June 2021)
- “Basic Understanding of Contract” Webinar (December 2021)
Yukihisa joined Recruit Co., Ltd., the largest HR company in Japan in 1987 and has been consistently involved in new business start-ups for 16 years. He was involved in the launch of “Hot Pepper” (Japan nationwide free town information magazine) in the Kobe and Osaka areas, and as the first editor-in-chief of each region, he also appeared as a commentator on local TV and radio programs.
Since he moved to Malaysia in 2003, he has also worked as Managing Director at Sakura Recruit(Founder CEO) and Unlock Asia (COO) for the past 18 years, and through his recruiting and business consulting businesses, he has supported local Japanese companies in building their human resources and organizations, and in attracting and establishing new companies from Japan. In 2013, he was featured in the Asahi Newspaper’s Sunday edition (GLOBE), and on the NHK-BS1 television program “Global Debate WISDOM,” where he shared his background on “Japanese youth moving to Asia” with Ian Bremmer and Noriko Hama. In 2014, he was introduced as one of the “100 Japanese people who won in Asia” in “AERA magazine”.
Martin holds a Degree in Law (LL.B.) from Northumbria University, UK. His drive lies behind all things tech, with a deep focus on cybersecurity. Organized the “LexTech Conference 2017” and “LexTech Conference 2018”, Southeast Asia’s first ever legal technology conference, for 2 consecutive years. He was the lead IT officer for multiple organizations, including Malaysian law firms GLT Law and Lee & Poh Partnership. Co-founder of digital company secretary platform MISHU. Joined LIKEARISINGSUN in 2021 to be an IT security expert. He is in charge of IT for the entire group and also supporting our clients for the establishment of IT security systems.
Chief Admin Officer cum Senior Consultant
Attorney-at-law qualification in Malaysia
Attorney-at-law in Japan
After graduating from Hitotsubashi University School of Law (Juris Doctor) in 2017, Seira worked in a legal department of a major Japanese manufacturer listed on the prime section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange, where she was engaged in contractual and compliance legal affairs and shareholder meeting-related matters. With a desire to further her expertise as a legal professional, she passed the bar exam while still employed, began her legal training in 2021, and registered as a lawyer in April 2022. She Joined LIKEARISINGSUN in May 2022 and came to Malaysia. She is providing a wide range of support for Japanese companies’ activities in Malaysia, focusing on legal support. She was a member of the dance club in junior high and high school. Graduated from Chuo University Faculty of Law. She is a member of the Tokyo Bar Association.
After graduating from Keio University, Fumiko started her career at Central Bank of Japan, and then A.T.Kearney Japan and Rakuten Securities. While working on those finance industries, Fumiko has worked in NGO as pro bono, Living in Peace in 2010 which offer micro finance loan to SEA areas and took part in micro finance study tour in 2012 to visit BRAC in Bangladesh which is the biggest Micro finance institution in the world. Then Fumiko studied Master degree at London School of Economics and Political Science and shifted place to Bangladesh, then started career at BRAC in 2013 and Japanese IT company’s offshore management as Country manager. Fumiko finally set up own startup, Bee Informatica Sdn. Bhd. in 2019 in Malaysia which offers digital micro finance, Psychometric assessment platform also human resource community. Also feel passion for M&A and use experience of business development and project management.
Finance & Admin Manager
After graduating from University Tunku Abdul Rahman with a degree in Accounting, Alice started her career journey in an audit firm where she was engaged in supporting clients from various industries in providing them with the necessary accounting, audit and tax services. After 5 years, Alice moved on to join an accounting shared service center for an international shipping company as an accounting support team leader for local and foreign country shipping agencies. In the Year 2016, Alice joined another audit firm as an audit senior advisor. She joined LIKEARISINGSUN in Oct 2022, mainly focusing on accounting and human resources services with a passion to be engaged deeply in cross border M&A transaction.
After graduating from Rikkio University with a degree of Sociology, Kyoko started her career in 2013 at one of Japanese Sogo-Shosha that is a trading and investing company. She was engaged in accounting and worked as a Personal Assistant of COO for 5 years under a department doing domestic and international investment and business turnaround. After that she was transferred to HR, and made an effort to infuse with a management policies in employees, and she was mainly involved in planning and operation of internal rules such as evaluation & personnel system, benefit programs, and promotion of women’s social advancement. After working for that company for about 8 years, she came to Malaysia in 2021.
She joined LIKEARISINGSUN in 2022, and she is mainly responsible for M&A origination. Now she is committed to support cross-border transactions to become a bridge between Japan and Malaysia.
After graduating from Tokyo University of Agriculture with a degree in Agribusiness Management, Yu started his career at a renting scaffolding company of construction equipment as a Sales representative. After twelve years, he was assigned to the renting business in Malaysia as the MD. Through this, he had experienced a wide range of matters including, incorporation, marketing, planning strategy, acquisition of licenses, labor management, new business development, dispute resolution, and liquidation due to the pandemic.
He joined LIKEARISINGSUN in 2022, he is involved in Sales and general support for corporate operations. He aims to make proposals that can solve the business challenges given by every company.